About the MAMA Listserv
The Listserv is e-mail based discussion forum that facilitates communication among Michigan municipal attorneys. To maximize its value to Michigan’s municipal attorneys, participation is restricted to members of MAMA. Our e-group is designed to improve communicate among members, offer a forum for exchanging ideas, and allow you to benefit from the experience, knowledge and wisdom of your peers. By participating, you acknowledge that you have acquainted yourself with our rules and that you agree to conduct yourself in accordance with those policies. Please be advised that, although contrary to the purpose and rules of the listserv, the information posted might be made available to persons with adverse interests to your municipality.
Click here to access the Listserv archives.
Please note that a username and password is required.
The MAMA LISTSERV is a service available to members of MAMA and to all law firm partners/associates of a MAMA member.
Neither MAMA nor MML monitors or edits messages before they are distributed. Neither MAMA nor MML is responsible for the content of the messages on this site. However, MAMA and MML reserve the right to remove anyone from the list at any time for any reason.
- The MAMA LISTSERV may not be used for fundraising or political activity.
- The MAMA LISTSERV should not be used to promote or support interests adverse to municipalities.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited. Do not post anything in a LISTSERV message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Never send anything via internet that you wouldn’t share with opposing counsel.
- Do not post commercial messages on the MAMA LISTSERV. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- No advertising with the exception of legal office position openings and citation to specifically helpful resource materials is permitted.
- Use caution in your postings. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation, location and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information beneficial to the entire list.
- Send message such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forward option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” through the MAMA LISTSERV. Instead, contact the list manager, Andy Kukla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send messages or links that are of particular interest to municipal attorneys.
- Do not send messages of general news events or happenings.
- This LISTSERV is provided as a service of MAMA and MML. Neither MAMA nor MML is responsible for messages on the MAMA LISTSERV. MAMA and MML do not edit or review messages before they are distributed. Neither MAMA nor MML is responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
- MAMA and MML disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by MAMA or MML or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall MAMA or MML be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such materials or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants MAMA and MML and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other materials.
For questions regarding Listserv access, contact Andy Kukla at 734-662-3246, or email email@example.com.